Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Joe

was a child
small and chubby
smiled and spelled my name wrong.

was a kid
short and thin
drew toons on my wall
watched thunder cats and X men
and asked for blank papers from my grandma
I can draw more wolverines and Mumras
my sister was next to me to watch her girly cartoons.
still spelled my name wrong
starts with J and ends with y and middle is gibberish.
some exam came I passed. they passed

was a teen
not tall and not fat
drew the numbers in math backwards
watched them lying on the bed
worshiped Lucifer and tried to kill others
heavy music in my phones and extreme bands on my wall
the exam came. I failed. they passed.
now I don't spell my name, but it
starts with J and ends with e and an o in middle
found love from outer space.
marvelous, tremendous and so romantic
managed to ride the speed roller coaster
but I slipped one day.
two years-membership at an American death carnival.
it expired and
  I  died.
no funeral.
this exam came I failed. they failed. they think I failed.

not so old
not so young
not short nor thin.
alcohol replaced the water
experiences replaced my drawings
heard my own songs
watched my own movies.
now they are playing in my compound
  I  just watch
how they play soccer with a local tennis ball
  I smiled but I cried in the night
bit of blues in the morning
smooth orchestra in the night
rock n roll just to carve my life.

now it's a pen or a pencil
tomorrow it'll be a shotgun.
I will be pointing at you.
just stay out of my compound!                                                   Buried Childhood
                                                                                                                           -Marlon Joe.
staying alive is the only exam now.
and Cobain got a hundred marks.                                         

6 comments:

  1. What do you think had happened to that chubby little boy now? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. he has become a hot rockstar..lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puh!duh!! ;)btw ur a good poet huh? Good Luck with it bro..= )

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe...thanx rashmi n u r a really good photographer u knw that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. COOL marlon.. you are FANTASTIC photographer as well as a poet.. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

    i would also love to hear what will happen to you after being teen and before being old????

    ReplyDelete