Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Afterlife


Afterlife is a lie. Well, at least the one you hear in all popular religions. I was born again in another realm - in another world. It was blissful nonetheless. Seven lovely women were looking at me. Were they virgins? I hope not. I was in a cot for godsake. If all of them were virgins, where is my mother? I wanted a mother.

Oh, I didn't know at the time whether it was heaven or hell. I stood up in the cot. Walked about. Time moved fast. So fast that I could feel the planet revolving. Yes, it's a planet all right.

Trust me on this, I was confused as much as you are confused hearing my story. But everything did come out clear after I grew up to be 16 years old [5 minutes of Earth time]. This is not a spiritual realm where good people are rewarded and the bad are punished. This was just an ordinary planet. Ordinary in the sense it was made out of moist and soil.

I was reborn in another planet where the planet moved faster and my DNA wanted to move me faster. Only, I was a slowpoke. I outgrew the cot and sped my way up to a mirror. It must've been just 10 minutes, but I looked as if I was 32. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. I mean, I didn't feel hungry, I didn't feel I wanted to be right and I really didn't catch any kind of illness. But without mom, I felt empty.

I moved out the room that I was in and looked out. Every passing second I heard a new baby crying out for their mother in a room of their own. It was horrific. I decided to go to the room next to mine [before I die]. The guy in there was checking himself in the mirror, touching his face all over just to make sure if it's his.

I observed as his skin wrinkled ageing like mine. Then at a point I realized, OMG! It was the man who murdered me. He realized that I was staring at him, he looked back at me. He nodded at me, smiling.

It was creepy. Not that I met the person who killed me, in my afterlife. But that I didn't feel angry nor scared of him. Life here is just too short to be hating on people and I had to take care of myself the 25 minutes I had in the planet.

After 25 minutes of this weird journey, I died. I bet he did too. Then opening up my eyes, I found myself. . . in another planet

- Sashika Kamaladasa

4 comments:

  1. Kooool !!!!
    did u get this as a dream>??? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! I got this via snail mail. My guess is that I've written it in the future and mailed myself. Strikingly similar handwriting it had. :P
    hehe

    ReplyDelete