Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Feminist? Chauvinist? Realist?


But I realized that being you is not easy.

It’s forbidden for me to have a lil’ extra fat.

I can’t be with the friends I used to hang out with, oh! I’d be a slut then.

I can’t talk as much as I used to, they look at me differently now.

Children - I never thought ‘til today how I’d carry ‘em around for 9 months.


It sure ain’t easy, but you didn’t tell me that it is rather blissful.

Oh, how much attention I get from the heels tapping on the floor.

Some people find it cute when I get answers wrong for Chemistry.

I didn’t know choosing a different colored lipstick could give out a different feel.

Oh! Women are nice to me now.

·


But I’m glad this was just a dream, and no one from Comp1 would know about it.

It would be embarrassing for me to even think of being a woman for a second.

What would happen if they found out I dreamt about it?

You aren’t gonna tell them, are you?


-Sashika Kamaladasa

No comments:

Post a Comment