Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The House of Haunts!


For years I had no place of my own, I lived with this old lady Mrs. Kerry who was nice enough to let me live with her for the past 2 years. I was on the employee visa and didn’t have enough credit to buy myself a house. One day when I was walking down the road to my morning job, I saw this house with a sign saying FOR SALE! The place attracted my attention instantly. It was a very pretty house that brought out a very welcomed feeling. I was determined to buy it and as soon as I got home I spoke to Mrs. Kerry and asked her if she could help me with a loan. She treats me like her own daughter and promised me she would help.

A month later, I moved in. I was feeling so proud and happy. Finally a place called mine. The house was of 4 bedrooms with a nice small garden and a pretty water bath for the birds. My boyfriend found it hard to move in with me as his work place was very far from where I bought the house, so I planned to rent out the room next to mine to this girl, Melissa whom I knew at work.

Few weeks went by, and the place started to change. I kept seeing weird dreams, more of nightmares. I kept telling my boyfriend about the dreams but he was never bothered and always thought it was because I was too tired with all the work. I believed in both religions, Buddhist and Christianity and so had a statue of the Lord Buddha and Jesus on top of a shelf close to the stairs. One night when I was asleep I saw a very bad nightmare that scared the hell out of me, a figure that was dark and hard to describe just came out of the statues of Lord Buddha and Jesus that I pray to every morning, and it tried to strangle me. Even though I was asleep it felt so real. I felt myself choking and I was struggling to breathe. Then I ran downs the stairs hoping I could run away from this giant scary figure but suddenly I see a splash of blood on the wall in front of me. It was my blood. I lost hope knowing that I was stabbed and couldn’t do anything to get myself out of there. Suddenly I hear my name being called and I wake up to see Melissa holding me tight and shaking me so hard. I was sweating and felt really sick. It was freaky because it felt so real.

Days went by, I was constantly falling sick and strange things kept happening. One time, while I was driving on the highway I couldn't feel my legs and was about to crash onto the vehicle in front of mine. It was like someone or something was trying to kill me or harm me. I told my friend about all this and she suggested she would let her 6 year old daughter Sarah sleep with me for few days. So one night, when I was sleeping in my room with Sarah next to me, I suddenly hear her calling me. I woke up, and she kept telling me that my father was right next to me and that he spoke to her asking her to take good care of me. This freaked me out. My dad passed away 10 years back; no way could she have seen my dad. But she described his looks and the clothes he was wearing and I swear it was exactly how he looked like. I was puzzled, how did this small child know how my father looked when she was not even born when he died. She kept telling me, that he was a nice guy and asked her to take good care of me. I always knew he was my guardian angel but never actually could think of believing what just happened. I asked my friend to take Sarah home, because it was making things more complicating and confusing.

I was trying to knot myself out of this problem, but kept getting entangled. I broke up with my boyfriend because he turned out to be strange and Melissa, the girl who lived with me broke up with her boyfriend as well. And one day I came home after staying the night at my friends place and Melissa came out of her room and asked me if I was crazy to take a shower in the middle of the night, and I told her that I was not at home the night before. She didn’t believe me because she had heard the shower running in the middle of the night and lights being switched on and off in my room. I didn’t like what was happening and finally decided to go see the father at Holyoke Church and told him all these incidents that happened. The father listened to all my stories and decided that he should come home and say prayers.

As soon as he entered the house, he had the feeling that it the place was haunted by evil spirits. While he was praying, the upstairs phone kept ringing, and when I answered it just only gave this creepy sound of wind blowing hard on the receiver. It kept interfering with the prayers and the father asked me to ignore the call, because the spirit was just trying to interrupt the prayers. He kept praying and praying and kept splashing holy water all around the house.

He asked me to take the statues of the Lord Buddha and Jesus out, because according to the father it’s easier for the evil spirits to hang around, as they stay hiding behind the statues and they liked staying there because I indirectly prayed to them every morning. He explained by saying that I still could have faith in both religions and pray, but as long as I don’t keep statues around.

I wanted to know the story behind all this, so I went to my next door neighbor and told the old lady of all the incidents that happened. She instantly nodded, and said that the house was owned by an old lady who was a widow, she passed away long time back and since that day, whoever moves into the place ends up either divorced or single. No one could ever be happily married or in a relationship in that house.

I didn’t like what I heard, so I immediately put the house on sale, what shocked me the most was that the man who bought the house from me was going through a divorce with his wife!

Based on a true story!

No comments:

Post a Comment