Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none

Like all the other families in Sri Lanka, my family has certain rules and regulations. One of them is not having love affairs while schooling. Very often my mum reminds me of some incidences where crushes end up in serious problems, either to the person, specially the girl, or to the whole family. She used to tell me every day, “Honey, god has given you everything: beauty, wealth, and a good family which does love and cares you whenever they can. So listen to us, don’t be stubborn. Please don’t try to have any affairs in this age; we are telling this to your own benefit, we cannot trust each and every human living in this confusing world.” I understood them, so I made up my mind, “Promise, I won’t Mum!”

In my earlier school, boys asked me out, I ignored them. But then, because I feared that some boys would take revenge on me for ignoring them, I thought to talk kindly with each one, and explain my situation.

There was a boy named Andrew, one year elder than me. I ignored him when he asked me out. But he was not like other boys, he did not give up. He stalked me at school. I warned him several times kindly, and then finally he decided that we would be close friends.

From that day onwards we were so close, we chatted in Facebook, Gmail and so on. He gave me valuable presents for my birthdays. I accepted them as a best friend.

As time passed by, there were so many rumors made about us. People said we were lovers, but I ignored them.

One day, when I was in my room studying, my mum came and scolded me, saying she is really disappointed with me. She lost her temper to the maximum for the first time. I stayed silent, because I was speechless at that moment, so she has thought that my silence meant that I had done something wrong. And then she went out leaving me all alone, crying, really down in my room. My whole family was looking at me as if they could curse me. I knew it was not the truth, but I was really sick at that moment.

The following day, another close friend of mine came to me and told me some shocking news. She said, that Andrew has boasted to the whole school that we had a crush on each other and that he has given me loads of presents for my birthdays as well as for Valentine’s Day too. So I got it. I understood how everything had happened, and at the moment I had nothing to do, but just stay as if nothing happened.

It was an awful day, I know some may think that this was so dumb, questioning why I kept silent? It’s only because I did not have any strength to fight for the truth. But I have one thing to tell, never trust anyone from their faces or talks, because some humans are devils who have disguised, having ideas of getting what they want, however they can, by ruining some other’s lives.

1 comment: